Today, users all around the world discuss the transition of Google in the new holding company – Alphabet. And this time we’ve collected 7 interesting facts related with a new project of Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
1. The question about creating a new holding company and making Google a separate company raised four years ago. And this year, it will be resolved.
2. The name of the corporation is associated not only with the alphabet itself but also refers to the pun – Alpha-bet that signifies the desire to get better profit from venture investments.
3. Alphabet Corporation will consist eight areas:
– Calico (extension of the humans’ life)
– Fiber (high-speed internet)
– Google (Search, Maps, YouTube, Android, ads, applications)
– Google Capital (an investment fund)
– Google Ventures (venture capital business)
– Google X (unmanned vehicles, Google Glass, the internet by air balloon, rocket launch to the moon)
4. The team of top managers of the company were:
CEO: Larry Page.
President Sergey Brin.
Executive Director: Eric Schmidt.
CFO: Ruth Poret.
Vice President, CLO: David Drummond.
5. The new CEO of Google Sundar Pichai will be the third man in the company’s history to hold this post. Previously Larry Page held it twice and once it was Eric Schmidt.
6. Microsoft or rather its search engine – Bing reacted very unusually to that news. From the abc.wtf domain was put a redirect on a search engine.
7. There is a hidden link to the site Hooli, a fictional company from the series Silicon Valley, on the Alphabet. By the way, the Alphabet has the same domain zone – xyz.