The updated Competitor module is now able to compare the traffic, the visibility of the site, predicted organic traffic. Due to request of our customers, we have made it possible to add interested competitors manually.
Let us consider the key features of the new module more detailed.
The module is divided into four tabs: Traffic overview, Ranking overview, Visibility overview and Settings.
On the Settings tab you can add or remove competitors for tracking. By default, we add 10 competitors who have the highest visibility for your keywords in the search engines.
Traffic Overview Tab
All information in this tab is imported from Similarweb.
The information does not pretend to have 100% accuracy, however, in relative significance the figures make clear about the level of traffic of one or other project.
The graph shows the total and organic traffic to your and competitors’ sites.
In the legend, you can enable or disable the corresponding traffic.
There is a table below the graph that displays information about the traffic and visitors of your project and its competitors.
In each cell of the table there is the value of Delta, which reflects the dynamics of change that or any other parameter in comparison with the previous month. Please note that the data are usually delayed by 1 month, so, if current month is September, the data for August will be compared with July in the table. The data is updated once a month.
Available information in the table:
- Total visits – is the total number of visitors. By clicking on the icon you will see the regions from where the highest number of traffic comes. You can also watch the dynamics of the traffic by clicking on the icon Trend.
- Organic visits – is the traffic from search engines. By clicking on the icon you will see keywords which bring the biggest amount of traffic
- Paid visits – is the number of traffic from PPC – Adwords, Bing Ads etc. By clicking on the icon you will see the most popular keywords.
- Social visits – is the traffic from social networks. By clicking on the icon you will see the data on the distribution of traffic from social networks.
- Referral – is information about traffic from other sites. By clicking on the icon you will see the sites that generate the most amount of traffic.
- Time – time on site. This is the average time that people spend on a site.
- Page views – is the average number of page views per a visitor.
- Bounce rate – is the average bounce rate for all users.
The columns Time, Page views and Bounce rate are hidden by default, use the button Column chooser to add them to the table.
All information can be downloaded into Excel.
Ranking Overview Tab.
On this tab, you can assess the level of ingress keywords in TOP10, TOP3 and TOP1 of the specific search engine.
The graph shows the number of keywords that are respectively in the TOP10/TOP3/TOP1. If necessary, you can turn off the parameters that you want to hide, in the legend below the graph.
The data in the table and graph are daily updated.
Information in the table:
- Avg. pos. – is the average position for the all search queries that are in the TOP10.
- TOP10 – is the number of keywords in TOP10.
- TOP3 – is the number of keywords in TOP3.
- TOP1 – is the number of keywords in TOP1.
Delta that is in front of each value shows the weekly dynamics of growth or falling of the corresponding indicators.
Visibility Overview Tab.
ETV shows the amount of traffic that your site and your competitors’ ones gain for all key queries that have been added to the project. The calculation is based on the Search Volume of each request and traffic distribution coefficient in the SERP.
SVV shows the overall visibility of the project for key queries, which are added to the project, measured as a percentage. 100% SVV means that all keywords that are in the project are in TOP1.
Distribution coefficient is defined by the following table:
The graph displays the ETV and SVV data for each site, you can enable or disable the display of any of these parameters.
The significance of Delta in the table shows the dynamics of changes during the last 7 days.
P.S. If your Trial version is over and you want to test the module – just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reactivate your Trial.